- May 28, 2022
- Posted by: Accounting Equation
- Category: Knowlegebase
What is PCR Scheme?
The Ministry of MSME created the Performance & Credit Rating (PCR) Scheme to help micro, small and medium enterprises better understand their strengths and weaknesses and take corrective measures to enhance operational strength. This scheme is based on turnover, so MSMEs might be reimbursed for ratings from any rating agencies. There is a program to help micro and small enterprises improve. Ratings agencies are empaneled with the ministry and the ministry pays for the ratings based on unit turnover.
Find out more about the credits and benefits you can get from the scheme
The Performance and Credit Rating Scheme aims to provide an expert opinion of the creditworthiness, performance, abilities, and potential of Micro and Small Enterprises. The Scheme also aims to raise awareness amongst MSEs about the strengths and weaknesses of their operations. Further, it will improve the performance levels of MSMEs and the MSE have access to cheaper and easy credit terms.
Explore the benefits of the Performance and Credit Rating (PCR) Scheme for MSME
- Rating evaluates the processes of the organization in terms of quality and take corrective measures to enhance organizational strength.
- MSEME has the ability to get cheaper rates for accessing funds with better terms.
- A good rating under the Performance and Credit Rating Scheme enhances the acceptability of the MSE unit with customers and buyers.
List of rating agency
- Investment Information and Credit Rating Agency of India (ICRA)
- Onida Individual Credit Rating Agency of India (ONICRA)
- Credit Rating Information Services of India Limited (CRISIL)
- SME Rating Agency of India (SMERA)
- Credit Analysis and Research Limited (CARE)
- India Ratings (earlier known as FITCH)
- Brickwork Rating Agency